Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Rift platform.
  • Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Medium and Quill.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please continue selling Rift CV1 spares for a reasonable time after sale of last CV1 (March 2019)

Rift CV1 owners are concerned at the recent decision to stop selling the Rift CV1 accessories only 6 months after the sale of the last headset. Of particular concern is the lack headset cable which is probably the most fragile component. The expectation that we should buy a whole new headset if this $50 part fails is a major concern.

Many circumstances can occur outside of warranty conditions like

* pets can chew this cable
    * accidental twisting over time fatigues the cable
    * accidental falls can pull the cable from the PC

All these circumstances are not Oculus' fault…

405 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Rift S to use external cameras from the original Rift

Everyone who has upgraded to the Rift S from the CV1 has encountered a downgrade in tracking in various games. A great example would be shooter games where you have to aim down sights, which causes you to lose tracking since the controller is too close to the headset. Supporting the external cameras would allow more people to upgrade from the original rift without sacrificing their tracking. Also people with the Rift S would have the option to purchase more cameras to “enhance the experience”. The only issues that can possibly be encountered would be USB bandwidth errors from having…

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To start selling replacement cord for Oculus Rift S

The Oculus Rift S cable can get kinked or knotted badly. I believe it would be helpful if Oculus starts selling replacement cables.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give us a standing/sitting mode for the Rift S

I like to sit down at my desk and watch bigscreen which is seperate from my Place Space, but when I do that on some games it positions me as super far from center in Bigscreen occasionally and also it always trips my boundary visuals, so I have had to turn them off, which is a bit dangerous. Please allow us to change to 3DOF mode from the dash quick settings menu :)

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cros-compatibility between Rift and Rift S HW

It would be great if existing Rift users that already have a sensor setup can be able to use Rift S and those sensors for additional accuracy for controller tracking. Even better if existing users would be able to use both the CV1 touch controllers and new Rift S with Rift S and CV1 sensors.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix Rift S Microphone intermittent quality dropping (Robot / Metallic voice)

I'd like to request you guys to fix the intermittent microphone quality dropping that a lot of users are facing on the Rift S. Here's a link to show you how the issue shows up:

https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantAntediluvianAlfalfaPanicBasket

As you can listen the quality drop occurs just for a few seconds, but it's random and intermittent getting people annoyed in social games like Pavlov VR, VRChat and RecRoom. Hope you guys can fix it somehow. I have opened a support ticket already but they couldn't help me to fix the problem. Thanks.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rift S real earphones accessory.

As a long time VR enthusiast coming from the DK1 and DK2. Rift S should have come with real earphones. Sell some bolt-on option asap. I understand you can get away with the piped solution for the GO and even partly the Quest. Wired PCVR, headphones are the minimum.

At the very least for your next rift, do not forget the IPD slider and the earphones. Lessons learned.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve Rift S Touch Controller tracking

Tracking of the Rift S Touch Controllers seems to fail despite the controller being in plain site. In the attached video, you'll see that the initial loss is caused by (intentional) occlusion; however, the previously occluded controller isn't picked back up again despite no longer being occluded. In order to be positional tracked by the cameras again, it must be moved significantly. Note: this seems to happen if two things occur:

1. Occlusion of one controller
    2. Synchronized movement between occluded controller and visible controller

This causes issues with FPS games so far, specifically ones where a two-handed pistol grip…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow a trade in from Rift to Rift S

I purchased a rift about 5 months ago and I heard about quest and rift s about right afterwards. After looking into them more, they look amazing, and an ability to be able to trade in a rift for at least $50 off of the rift s or quest would be amazing. Thank you oculus team, this would help out!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable Seated Play for Rift S

On the original Rift, you could calibrate your height during setup. It allowed seated play by sitting down and adjusting your height as such so you'd be sitting and be for example 6'0 and be sitting down instead of crouching. I don't have the strongest legs and it's not comfortable for me to stand up, I'm sure people have the same issue and I've also met a few people who couldn't even move their legs and were either in a wheelchair or they just sat in bed/a chair all day exploring a new world when they couldn't with our own…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a version of Rift S with hardware IPD slider, for those with IPD issues.

The rift S is clearly a product many are interested in, but for some of us the IPD limit is an issue.
    I am sure many of us with ipd issues would love a version of the rift s, that might be more expensive but would have IPD slider.
    Then the normal Rift S could be left as it is, and the more expensive with ipd slider for those that cannot use the normal rift s.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix issues related to running Oculus Home behind a proxy and/or make the runtime work in offline mode.

This feedback ticket is targeted for the use case of using the Oculus Rift in a business environment, but the requested feature can also benefit consumers.

Business customers can’t install the software in common network environments. Most businesses use a proxy to communicate with the internet. The Oculus installer does not respect the proxy settings of the system, causing an "e.ishttperrorcode is not a function" error when trying to create a user account or logging in with an existing one. This is not the only bug when trying to install the Oculus software from within a restricted network environment, but…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Gamma, white balance and color saturation adjustmen

Games are designed for OLED screen of original Rift. There are issues in dark games. We need to calibrate gamma, brightness (no backlight) and color for correct results.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Rift S controllers battery life.

The batteries in the controllers run out quickly. About 2-3 days. It doesn't seem to depend on whether I use them or not. But when I stop the Oculus service between gaming sessions batteries last much longer. It seems like it would be nice to better tune the idle mode of the helmet and controllers.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix Locomtion Movement as Games use, Re-Centre with 2 Thumbsticks, make a ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY e.g. The Store, and any Room As Default.

You need to fix this because it is just stuff that annoys us: -
    1. ALLOW STORE OR HOME OR (new) ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY to be our Default Page to prevent the unnecessary loading.
    2. IN HOME sort out the Movement so that it has a Strafe and the turning is a same rate of turn to other directions (2 Joysticks doing same things and using 2 Joysticks to turn slightly faster is just rubbish and has no strafe!)
    3. USING BOTH THUMB CLICKS should RECENTRE as that is the usual method everywhere else!!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable Passthrough for first 10 seconds after putting on headset (add as an optional setting)

As a Rift S user, I would like to put on my headset and immediately see the room via pass-through for about 10 seconds so I can find my headphones and touch controllers.

The double touch oculus button is a great feature for turning on passthrough, but.. you have to already have the controllers in your hand!

If you're like me, you put on the rift s, then fumble around blind trying to find where on your desk your controllers/headphones are. An auto pass-through for 10 seconds would REALLY be helpful and a great use of the pass-through technology

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Oculus Venues

Since we paid the most for your headsets, why does this have to be such a big deal. Just add Venues to Rift. We couldn't watch the oculus connect 5 livestream in VR.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Implement TRM to improve performance 37%+

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/rainbow/projects/trm/

Basically, send every other frame on each eye at lower resolution, it can improve performance without perceived quality loss (might be better than fixed foveated rendering, and can be combined with it for even more performance).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Height Adjustment

Please give us an option that allows us to adjust our height, like a slider or a TextBox to specify a height. The last thing I feel like doing when I get home after along day is standing for hours playing a 100+ hour game like Fallout4VR. Many games are perfectly playable and, in fact, more enjoyable, playing seated, but in many games I'm currently as tall as a child.

Please, please give us a height setting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. To correct some day gamma and brightness...

Actually blacks are grays.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories