Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Please bring us full Linux Support for both Users and Developers...

Windows 10 is not the only Operating System nor is it the best for everyone...

I'm aware this has been requested before but I'm afraid VR might go down the same path that Flat Screen Games went down for a very long time...

Linux has proven to be more optimized then Windows 10 making it a developer friendly system that even every day users have grown to love...

Currently the only HMD's on the market that natively support Linux is the Valve Index and the HTC Line up, the only issue is that most other VR platforms don't support Linux…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Oculus TV for Rift & Rift S

Oculus TV is a nice way to find and watch videos made for VR. The sad part is that it's only available on the standalone headsets. An oculus TV page or app for the desktop headsets would be greatly appreaciated!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Crucial to have Subtitles in games.

Enforcement all games developers to have Subtitles includes please. For our equality and our rights.
    Too many games do not have subtitles and discrimination to people who depending on subtitles or close caption.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the Dead & Buried "Colocation" feature from Oculus Connect 5 a native part of the Rift's SDK

At OC5, the Dead and Buried demo had a feature that allowed spectators to watch the game using the AR feature on a tablet.

Others have demonstrated that this is also possible with headsets which don't use SLAM-based inside-out tracking: https://owlchemylabs.com/owlchemy-mobile-spectator-ar-spectator-camera/

Making this feature a native part of the Rift's SDK would make it way easier to show Rift experiences to friends on social media, and could even be incorporated into games to allow asymmetric multiplayer experiences (where players use their phones to interact with a person in VR).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to disable mouse cursor

An option to disable the mouse cursor so the user can only see the blue dot as per Dashes original implimentation. The new mouse cursor looks awful and is inaccurate and really makes me not want to use Dash at the moment.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add error message for when insufficient disk space is preventing updates

Currently if your desktop app is trying to download an "Oculus Software Update" and you don't have enough disk space on C: for the download caching, it'll simply say "queued" and give no indicator of why it's not progressing. A simple error message stating that there's insufficient disk space for the update would increase user-friendliness.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have a "Whats Being Played Right Now"

have a section to help players find multiplayer populated games ala VRLFG.net, hide the exact numbers if you must.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow review comments or discussion forums for each game

So many times I see someone review a game and give it 1 star because of a problem they have with the game. Sometimes it's just user error and I wish I could just tell them or reply to their review but there's no way to communicate with them. It would be nice if we could reply to comments in reviews or at least have a discussion forum for each game where some users could get answers tips on issues they are having.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More keyboard options

The full floating keyboard in VR is not the way to go, is the most familiar one but is just like smartphones keyboard is not fast enough atleast in a phone you feel the screen.

I am talking about methods like the one we used to have before smartphones, mobiles had only the numeric pad with 9 keys each key had assign 3 or 4 letters.

If we applied this principle to the thumbstick each axis direction will represent one of this 9 keys (3 letters)

Ex: You click a EditText box no keyboard popup just use your thumbstick and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Changing Real Name

In the Oculus software or online website, add the option to change your account name. Being trans and having my dead name displayed is not nice.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the RTX 2080 to compatible graphics cards

Please add the RTX 2080 to compatible graphics cards so that the software stops saying the my system doesn't meet the requirements.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Download

I know it's been said and shot down before, but if we live in a place with decent internet we should be able to download game updates while inside of a VR game/app. Everyone has this option. Oculus needs it. It doesn't have to be on by default, a simple switch in the settings menu to turn it on or off would suffice.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Managing library location for each game

It's great that we have multiple install locations now, but having to set a locations as "Default" before installing a game is kind of a pain.

The store should ask where to install a game each time, like Steam.

Also, it would be nice to be able to move games from the UI. It seems the engine already supports this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7pgx9c/psa_moving_games_to_new_library_folder/dshftmj/

It should be pretty easy to automate this - it's basically two cut/paste operations.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let us change IPD via software

Extend the range of available IPD via software by rendering in different resolutions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. VR ready keyboard and mouse

New hardware. A keyboard which can be tracked and, using cap sense or other technology, knows which keys you are touching even if not typing. I am a good typist, but learned how much I cheat and look at my hands when I started doing VR because I have to look out the ***** in the bottom of the headset to see where my hands are. Let us look down in VR space and find the keys to help maintain the immersion. For that matter, same thing with the mouse.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow me to use the app without a monitor

I would consider this a bug in the software; when logged in on a remote session if the app is running it shuts off and when trying to start it fails and saying it cannot contact the service.

from the log;
    Browser process crashed with exception: Error: Cannot find module '../screen'
    Error: Cannot find module '../screen'
    at Module.resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:602:15)
    at Function.Module.
    resolveFilename (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\common\reset-search-paths.js:35:12)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:528:25)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:658:17)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
    at Object.get [as screen] (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\exports\electron.js:11:16)
    at getDisplayWorkArea (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:330835)
    at adjustWindowSize (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:297544)
    at new SkylineWindow (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:298252)
    at Application.openSplashWindow (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:167828)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Native BluRay 3d Movie Player

Watching 3d movies from a blu-ray player should be a native offering as part of the Oculus Rift Platform. 3d TVs are no longer being sold, but 3d Movies are everywhere. The 3d Movie experience is going to entice sales for older demographics that aren't interested in video games.

Being able to see the 3d movie "locked" full screen no matter my head position would be incredible, so I wouldn't have to keep positioned any particular way to just kick back and watch the movie.

Many many many people on the web provide details how to rip blurays, convert them…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. possibility to create own groups in Oculus Software Library to organize the titles

I miss the possibility to organize the purchased SW titles into my own Groups.
    In other libraries like steam this is possible.
    Meanwhile i have a lot of titles in my Oculus library and i miss this feature more and more ...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base