Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Remove 'Controller' icon from devices when Touch is set up and no gamepad is connected

A gamepad hasn't been included with the Rift for many months now, so it shouldn't be considered an essential component anymore.

When you have Touch installed, but a gamepad off, the Gamepad is still listed in devices, annoyingly. Just as 'Off' though.

This behaviour doesn't exist for the Remote.

It's annoying because with 3 sensors it means that the Gamepad spills onto a new line.

(Just a minor visual thing, but still annoying)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Close Oculus App to Windows Tray

We have 2.5 years anniversary of Oculus Rift CV1 release, and yet even after such a long time, desktop app is still missing a crucial feature to be able to minimize Oculus app to a system tray. It's extremely embarrassing given that Oculus Rift is a professional commercial product.

This feature is absolutely essential, especially since Oculus App is required to be running at all times as long as Rift headset is used. As a Rift game developer, it is very important to me to have app running, but at the same time I can't stand having clutter on my…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Set apps in Library as favorites with ability to sort by favorite apps

Allow users to mark apps in the Library as Favorites.

And add a option to sort apps in the Library so apps marked as Favorites appear at the top.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow migration of Oculus installation to another drive without re-downloading

It's bad enough that there is no offline installer for oculus which would alleviate several installer issues, but after 3 years of people requesting it, not being able to relocate the installation is ridiculous.

Symlinks should work, but cause Oculus to be unable to update, and while allowing games to be relocated and being able to do a fresh install to a drive other than C: (although only through the command line) are steps in the right direction, it's crazy that I have to redownload the 10+ GB of content I already have that's part of the basic installation just…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Recent Players List

It would be good to have a dedicated 5-10 most recent players list on the desktop app for adding friends from recent games. I'm aware there's a "Make new Friends" section which is theoretically meant to fullfill this function.......initially this did show me my most recent players but since the last couple updates (since they also added the irellevent to me "connect to facebook" button in this section) it only shows friends of friends or people I played with 6 months ago...........In short I'd like for the recent players list and recommended friends list to be two separate things or…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability for camera to track legs and hips

Seeing the vives pucks for full body tracking I wanted to see if you could do that to allow us to play games that support it with that tracking capability

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please make an option to rollback the oculus software to an older version. Currently stuck on the latest and cant get past setup

I have had the oculus rift s for almost a year now, it has no issues until the latest update which has now bricked the headset. I can no longer get past the setup as the senor check always goes to "Sensors Can't Track Headset". I tried it on an old pc with old software and worked great, but once I updated the software, it couldn't track anymore. Please make an option for us users to be able to go to an older version of the oculus software, that way when a update comes out that breaks the headset, we…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to disable oculus service auto start

Simple, put an option in oculus home to disable oculus service auto start.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notification when a developer responds/comments on your game review

There is no way to know that a developer has responded to your review unless you look up the actual review and check. I've seen answers from the devs to user problems in reviews but I doubt many of the reviewers actually see them. A notification would go a long way with communication.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow games backup and restore option

As in other digital platforms sometimes is interesting to save a backup of some games to avoid downloading it twice on multiple computers, so a friend can import the game if he owns it without downloading the full game or you can import the game to your second computer.

I hope some people find this useful.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to go directly to library at startup

99.9% of the time this is why I open the app. There's no reason to require an extra click to get there.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add compatibility to the laptop GTX 1050 Ti

As a quest user, I can run Oculus games via Virtual Desktop. However, because of my GPU, Oculus Software doesn’t work when I try to use it as intended BY Oculus. Because of this, I can’t even use Oculus Link. Unless it’s impossible because of the way the GPU is manufactured, the laptop GTX 1050 Ti is capable of running a very nice selection of vr games, and should be allowed to work with Oculus software as it already works with SteamVR or even other standalone products.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to preload the games for free weekends

For people with slow internet connections some of the larger free weekend games can take a significant portion of the period to download. It would be great to have a way to preload the games so more of the free period can be used. Since the games already have a system to revoke access while still being installed post-free period, hopefully doing the same at the other end shouldn't be crazy hard.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make virtual desktop optional (prevents nVidia GPUs from clocking down)

As an unfortunate side effect of the new Oculus desktop feature nVidia GPUs do not clock down anymore as soon as the new Oculus software is running.

This is caused by an ages old, very odd, behaviour of nVidia drivers that do allow clock frequency adjustment as soon as a second monitor is present.

For everyone who does not intend to use the Oculus desktop this leads to completely unnecessary waste of energy that could be easily fixed by making the desktop feature optional so that the second (virtual) monitor is never created in the first place.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Oculus TV for Rift & Rift S

Oculus TV is a nice way to find and watch videos made for VR. The sad part is that it's only available on the standalone headsets. An oculus TV page or app for the desktop headsets would be greatly appreaciated!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Guardian configurator

Taskbar ability to switch guardian settings. Or auto map guardian based on what game is running.
    Perfect for seated games vs standing room games and not having to navigate menu to change this all the time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Steam and oculus compatibility

So as of the new update oculus home has to be open to run my steam vr games. So now i dont have just one app but two running along with game ect. Please revert this to how it was where it can be enabled or give us an option. Alit of us dont have alot of money and the more we spend on hardware to run your home app which is cool bit i dont even use and id argue most dont. So please make it so we can either turn home off in steam vr games or make…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Virtual Human interface

Virtual Human interface. for flight simulators like elite dangerous allow us to setup virtual joysticks throttle and control panels that we can bind to a emulated key for and joysticks a various functions.

this way if we have try using touch for a flight sim we don't have to just simulate a xbox controller
    we also don' t have to pullout or big heavy flight sticks every-time.

This will allow people to setup there own experiences slimier to that of VTOL VR. It would make games like DCS more enjoyably now that motion controllers are mainstream.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to shutdown/stop background services on close

I own a VRcover, and it constantly triggers the proximity sensor, even with the low-light storage area I put my Rift.

When I close Oculus Home, it repeatedly opens itself back up, engaging the app and the HMD.

Though this option would have additional side-effects (needing to start the service up manually), I'd much rather have a straightforward way from the APP to shut down the service (to be started on reboot), for all the times I follow up a VR session with a monitor-gaming session.

I don't need it to be readily available (people will complain about inadvertently doing…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)