Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Fix the issue with automatic app removal of apps on external disk

If the Oculus app is launched, without the external drive connected, the apps on the external disk will no longer be usable, and the user have to download them again.

This bug is particularly annoying because the oculus app starts automatically when any app uses the SDK.

I know that it is not recommended to use external drive, but using a laptop and the apps are several hundred gigs, I don't really have a choice.

There is no other app that I know of that has this behaviour, of course you cannot run the apps when the drive is not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Error reporting after a crash from the desktop app

I went thru 2 days of hair pulling after the desktop app updated and then started crashing and reloading.

I tried updating the graphics card, total re-install. (which takes forever). Looked in the log files, didn't get any useful info out of it.

After almost giving up. I looked to see what was the latest version of windows which was 1908. I was just a few rev's behind. This is what fixed my problem.

But you at least need to put up a pop up box, that states "WHY" the app is auto-closing. And give a few suggested things to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please make Firmware updates available for download on your website

it would be super awesome if you guys would have oculus firmware downloads as optional links/things on your website. readily availble for people who the store/app doesnt work well for. ive had a lot of problems with your desktop app and this is the most major one. as well as a way to manually download them outside of oculus detecting it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Uninstalling removes the other folders that is stored ProgramData and AppData, and removes all of the registry keys

When the program gets uninstalled, it should remove the Oculus folders and OpenVR from AppData and in ProgramData.

When I uninstall the program, and try to reinstall, the install gets corrupted and I have to reboot and after rebooting, still doesn't work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow different language to be the official workaround when installation gets stuck.

I've tried to install the desktop app many times, however I found that downloading in espagnol/spanish in most cases fixes the installations fails.
    Some people it's french and others Dutch.

The point is, the desktop app installation process is clearly problematic having so many people asking for help and downloading over 4 times the files.

Out of 7 installation made on both French and English windows 10 64b (clean and "used", it has worked only one time with the french installation on an english one,never with english. The rest ,spanish were the way to go.

On top of that at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix FOV multiplier in Oculusmirror

--FovTanAngleMultiplier setting on Oculus Mirror(.exe) makes the graphic in the Mirror screen barreled (like the actual lens view), even if 1.1 multiplier is used while the Dash is showing as it should. Please fix for the streaming purposes! (Version 1.40, I5-8600K, 32 gb, 2080 etc etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Help with unblocking your PIN

When you type your PIN in to fast to many times it blocks you. Instead of saying go visit the help center for support and not having jacksh*t on there. Maybe actually giving the person help or a number to call instead of them having to wait A WHOLE DAY to receive an email back. How bout that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Click on An App's Version Number to see the most recent Patch Notes

Some other people here have had similar ideas, but on the store page there is a clearly visible Version Number, but no way to access the Patch Notes from the store pages, unlike other app stores like iOS or Android. A simple solution would be to have a link to the Patch Notes attached to the Version Number on each App page, so when a user wants to see the Notes they just have to click on the Version number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Invasive Occulus Update: refocuses current window.

Stop automatic refocus of oculus software on update check.

this has happened a lot lately and im just before the point of uninstalling the oculus software completely.

While playing other games such MC that are in no way related to oculus The oculus software will periodically check for updates this check is bringing me out of my other games that I am current playing and makes itself the main focused window. this is extremely aggerating and a little invasive and really starting to cause problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Oculus Medium

The whole power of Oculus Medium, in order to teach others or beginners,
    was the ability to follow along with tutorials IN the medium program, It
    is too hard to teach a new person by watching a video outside the medium
    program, then have to jump in medium and remember the whole
    demonstration. In the program you could pause as you went through all
    the tools. Bring this feature back PLEASE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Combine the UI concept from HelloV.io (tiny discreet dot with focal point interactivity) to Oculus Desktop App.

Summary: Combine the UI concept from HelloV.io (tiny discreet dot with focal point interactivity) to Oculus Desktop App.

I've found the biggest hurdle for streaming VR content on Twitch (or Mixer) is the ability to read chat in a way that doesn't interfere with the game experience.

The problem with OVRdrop for me: Hard to read the chat, hard to orient the chat box, incredibly annoying user interface. Setting it up so that chat is viewable when I flip my wrist is popular, but I've found a few games that utilize this action in their ui.

HelloV.io is promising. I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add more email domains to registration process

I had to change which email address I used to create an Oculus account because the confirmation emails weren't being sent to my sbcglobal.net email address. Once I tried a Gmail account I received the email instantly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. File validator like Steam

We need a file validator like steam so if a game goes bad we don't need to re-download the entire game again

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix please

Currently there is a tracking issue if you move your controller too fast.
    Oculus players no have a big disadvantage playing games like Beat Saber.
    It's very important to me and many many more people that this gets fixed as quick as possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please stop the Library Page Loading with Windows and Make it Selectable

Please Please make Oculus manually enable-able i am fed up with the library page opening with windows, i know i can disconnect the headset but i don't want to have to so i don't get annoyed, it must be easy to do and the library page is great but i want to look at it when i want too not every windows boot, there must be a simple software update to allow Oculus to be enabled / disabled?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Jump back In

Why am i seeing normal apps with constantly Now Playing spinners

Calculator.exe should not be showing at all

at one point i saw teamviewer show up in my library

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix issues between Core 2.0 and Microsoft's Magnifier tool

I have found that the Magnifier tool does not register the correct desktop resolution while the Oculus software is running.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. make it work ?

make it stop black screening my 43" uhd Tv connected via dvi to hdmi from my 1080 gtx bigscreen beta works fine off my orginal oculus home all plugged in this way to my 1080 card yet desktop no matter what i do blacks out my screen only when i plug screen into my cpu hdmi (i7 4590 )does any of this new stuff work all but desktop which has yet to work properly any attempt to use it black screens my pc hoped dev diary2 would mean it now works !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adjust tapping distance

I love being able to interact with items and my virtual screen without even pressing a button, just like Minority Report! Unfortunately it activates about an inch away from the "screen" instead of when the virtual finger intersects with the screen. I would love to see this activation distance be adjustable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base