Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. disabling autostart

a setting to enable / disable autostart

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lego VR game

Lego VR Game,

Infinite bricks, import already made instructions / part lists from lego, share your creations, seated play, co-op etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want to watch another 360 degree camera image on Oculus using RTSP

Equipment configuration
    360 degree camera <4K, 360 degree>
    → (HDMI cable)
    → encoder
    → Notebook PC <Viewer software (360 degree compatible, Oculas Rift S compatible)>
    → Oculas Rift S <360 degree viewing>

My name is Umino of Obayashi Corporation.
    There are many softwares that watch videos taken with the Oculas Rift S on a notebook PC. Is there a way to send 360-degree camera video to VR goggles with as little delay (RTSP) as possible?
    Please let me know if you have software.
    Is this possible with the virtual {Desktop} software?

Instead of playing a saved video,
    I am expecting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allez niquer vos mères

Ne pas pouvoir changer le répertoire d'installation sérieusement?! Vous vous foutez de la gueule de qui?! Devoir se taper une ligne de commande à rallonge qui fonctionne même pas à l'arrivée. Allez bien vous faire enculer bande de fils de pute

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Decrease size of the free space check to the size of the update when updating a game

Currently when a game needs an update the oculus client checks if the drive has free space equal to the full size of the game, and if there is not enough space then it will refuse to update, even if the update itself is rather small and there is plenty of space for it, this is absurd, especially as some games have a massive file size, like asgards wrath takes is 130gb, some users are even uninstalling games just so they can redownload them with the update included.

this is more of a bug that should be fixed rather than…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BY LETTING ME INSTALL OCULUS WITH A DYNAMIC BOOT DISK

EVEN THOUGH I AM INSTALLING TO A BASIC DISK, YOU WANT ME TO REFORMAT MY WINDOWS 10 INSTALLATION BECAUSE YOU NEED TO UNPACK YOUR INSTALL FILES TO A BASIC DISK? WHAT?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!? AMAZON RETURN! AMAZON RETURN! ONE STAR REVIEW (already)! FIRE YOUR ENTIRE POMPOUS, NITWIT, UNACCOUNTABLE INSTALL DEV TEAM IMMEDIATELY!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save download progress in the case of a lost connection

When you experience a loss in internet connection or any kind of interpretation; all download progress is lost. This can be very frustrating when downloading large games, like Asgards Wrath. I suggest that download progress gets saved and can continued when the connection is restored, or the interruption resolved. Steam is a good example of how this idea is implemented.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Desktop App: Fix the installer.

First and foremost. Allow us to choose where to install this app. In today's market, SSD's are much cheaper and storage more readily available. I think it's safe to say most users have multiple internal drives.

I'm well aware we can "force" this program to install in a different drive using CMD prompt or a Run line. However, I think it's just bad form not to have this built into the installer.

Secondly, make up your mind on how much space it will take. When I try to install with less than 21gb of free space it will tell me…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Oculus Software failed to install initially with other USB devices Attached

I resolved my issue with not being able to install Oculus app. It was an incompatible USB device attached to the computer. I do not know which one: 3d Connexion Space Navigator 3D mouse; Corsair Void Elite USB headset; Logitech Gamepad F310; Dymo Labelmaker Duo; Pluggable USB Microscope or a disconnected USB cable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. remove the anoying back ground newage sound

a way to turn off and stay off the annowing newage background sound.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When a download fails, can you make it so that we don’t have to restart all over again.

Please make it so that when a download fails, you start back where it was when it failed. I have poor internet and it fails regurlarly. I have trying to download a game that is 77.57GB but when it fails I have to start all over again. In my eyes this is a huge flaw for people with bad connection, I’m unable to play certain games because of this flaw. I suggest a system like the Xbox One, where when a download fails, it pauses the download until you fix the issue and start it back up. I don’t really…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Native BluRay 3d Movie Player

Watching 3d movies from a blu-ray player should be a native offering as part of the Oculus Rift Platform. 3d TVs are no longer being sold, but 3d Movies are everywhere. The 3d Movie experience is going to entice sales for older demographics that aren't interested in video games.

Being able to see the 3d movie "locked" full screen no matter my head position would be incredible, so I wouldn't have to keep positioned any particular way to just kick back and watch the movie.

Many many many people on the web provide details how to rip blurays, convert them…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Supply a link to be able to download the full software to a folder of my choice

Supply a link to be able to download the full software to a folder of my choice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Disable auto-launching the Oculus Client

I keep my oculus Rift CV1 plugged into my PC all the time and its mounted on a 3D printed shelf next to my desk. Somehow, this configuration causes the oculus software to automatically launch whenever I turn my PC on, or just about do anything on my computer. This is rather annoying, as I'd prefer to keep my first plugged in as the cords are already out of the way.

At present, I've found a workaround by setting the client to only run as administrator - however it would be nice to have an option in the settings to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. how to start up in Demo mode

What i'm meaning with this is when you go to best buy to try out their demos. i'm wanting to do that! but i cannot find anywhere that tells me how to do so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Bug] First start of Oculus software with an additional Windows user ends in error "ovr88948175".

Because the Virtual Desktop doesn't work as Windows standard user I created a power user. The first Oculus Software start logged in as this additional user ended up in an error "ovr88948175". After a time eating investigation I found the solution. This registry key was missing:

[HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Oculus VR, LLC\Oculus\Libraries]

Source: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74233/new-oculus-account-setup-error-ovr88948175

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a tool to edit guardian boundary.

Even though you can draw guardian boundary really slowly to make it look better, it still isn't perfect. Having a tool to make adjustmens to it would be really great, our boundaries would look a lot cleaner.
    Yes, we do have an app called Guardian Boundary Editor, but it doesn't work for everyone, especially for Rift S users. Native support for this would be appreciated.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. possibility to create own groups in Oculus Software Library to organize the titles

I miss the possibility to organize the purchased SW titles into my own Groups.
    In other libraries like steam this is possible.
    Meanwhile i have a lot of titles in my Oculus library and i miss this feature more and more ...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the issue with automatic app removal of apps on external disk

If the Oculus app is launched, without the external drive connected, the apps on the external disk will no longer be usable, and the user have to download them again.

This bug is particularly annoying because the oculus app starts automatically when any app uses the SDK.

I know that it is not recommended to use external drive, but using a laptop and the apps are several hundred gigs, I don't really have a choice.

There is no other app that I know of that has this behaviour, of course you cannot run the apps when the drive is not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base