Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Add a tool to edit guardian boundary.

Even though you can draw guardian boundary really slowly to make it look better, it still isn't perfect. Having a tool to make adjustmens to it would be really great, our boundaries would look a lot cleaner.
    Yes, we do have an app called Guardian Boundary Editor, but it doesn't work for everyone, especially for Rift S users. Native support for this would be appreciated.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Facebook Account Conversion Prompt Displaying Every Time Headset Removed and Put On

This is specifically an issue with Oculus Desktop. Currently, if you have not yet been able to convert your Oculus account, you are presented with a conversion prompt. The issue is that this is prompt is displayed every time the headset is put on, even if you went through the prompt a moment before. This causes significant disruption for users who have not yet been able to merge the account especially developers who frequently switch back and forth between sessions in and out of VR. An alternative behavior would be to display the prompt when Oculus Desktop is first launched…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please make an option to rollback the oculus software to an older version. Currently stuck on the latest and cant get past setup

I have had the oculus rift s for almost a year now, it has no issues until the latest update which has now bricked the headset. I can no longer get past the setup as the senor check always goes to "Sensors Can't Track Headset". I tried it on an old pc with old software and worked great, but once I updated the software, it couldn't track anymore. Please make an option for us users to be able to go to an older version of the oculus software, that way when a update comes out that breaks the headset, we…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please bring us full Linux Support for both Users and Developers...

Windows 10 is not the only Operating System nor is it the best for everyone...

I'm aware this has been requested before but I'm afraid VR might go down the same path that Flat Screen Games went down for a very long time...

Linux has proven to be more optimized then Windows 10 making it a developer friendly system that even every day users have grown to love...

Currently the only HMD's on the market that natively support Linux is the Valve Index and the HTC Line up, the only issue is that most other VR platforms don't support Linux…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Deleting devices no longer owned straight from the app

I recently gave my friend my Rift S to a friend because I am getting the Oculus Quest 2. I no longer have the headset and I CANNOT REMOVE IT FROM THE APP ON MY PHONE OR COMPUTER. Please give us the option to remove old hardware that is no longer owned from the app. For now, after much time spent with support, it is stuck on my app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add an option to Lengthen the Timeout when tracking is Lost Due to High CPU load

When I load (NOT PLAY, Just Load) X-plane it uses 100% CPU for a minute or 3
    When this happens Guardian setup pops up
    can you add an option to tell the Oculus software to be Patient while it loads !
    AND/OR
    have the Oculus Software not CLOSE the game which I launched from the desktop not Via the oculus software just because the oculus software is having issues !

Very Frustrating!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to search people on oculus with -'s in their name on Oculus

I would like other people with usernames that have -'s in them to be able to get searched on oculus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Oculus TV for Rift & Rift S

Oculus TV is a nice way to find and watch videos made for VR. The sad part is that it's only available on the standalone headsets. An oculus TV page or app for the desktop headsets would be greatly appreaciated!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Save download progress in the case of a lost connection

When you experience a loss in internet connection or any kind of interpretation; all download progress is lost. This can be very frustrating when downloading large games, like Asgards Wrath. I suggest that download progress gets saved and can continued when the connection is restored, or the interruption resolved. Steam is a good example of how this idea is implemented.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Warn anyone on Windows insider builds or outdated Windows builds that installing a driver update might brick their PC

I would be highly grateful if there was any kind of warning that would have occurred before my computer decided to completely brick with the error code DRIVERIRQLNOTLESSOR_EQUAL. This was because I tried installing the latest driver update on a Windows test build and there was no warning or anything that would tell me the driver would cause my PC to be unusable.

I'm sure many people would be grateful for some kind of warning or message that would pop up about this because I ended up having to completely reset my computer and all the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Should be allowed to connect with Android and Apple smartphones

The Company should promote an app which could allow non-pc users to connect their not only smart phones but also PC and should add a recording function so that people can easily record their Vr experience and especially for smartphone users will have no issue if he/she doesn't have a desktop pc and Oculus Gear would become more portable and could work anywhere around the world

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it easy to download the Oculus software. I go to the website, and it is extremely difficult to find oculus software download.

It is ridiculously difficult to find the oculus software download. I go to the website, and there is no clear download for the oculus software. took 10 minutes to find the "Download Oculus Software" at the bottom of the page in the help section. Make the download easier to find.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please make it possible to disable the automatich Oculus software updates

Updates are not always needed for every single user. They broke my software multiple times while i didn't need the update. Every time i had to do a full reinstall of the oculus software to fix the problem.
    For this we need an option to disable the automatic updates of the Oculus software so we can install them if we need them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have multiple versions of a game downloaded at the same time.

Some games have different versions (Such as onward) , and some times you quickly want to switch between versions at the click of a button, but with the current system you have to Re-download that version, wasting precious time that could be spent playing.

The proposed fix for this would be by allowing 2+ versions to be downloaded, and when you press Start to play the game there would be a popup asking you witch version you want to play.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Don't install Virtual Audio drivers on Rift systems

The Oculus software now includes a Virtual Audio Driver which is used by the Quest for Oculus Link. This driver serves no purpose for Rift users but it is still installed and in the process stomps all over your existing audio devices and configuration. When the drivers are updated, this virtual device is re-installed and re-enabled even if previously disabled, repeating the offence. This installation behaviour is unwanted and a nuisance. This only became a problem when the Rift & Quest software versions were merged.

Please change the installation logic to prevent this, or provide an advanced installation option which…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make a downloadable offline installer as i have slow internet

make a downloadable offline installer as i have slow internet as it takes a loonggggggggg time with 6mbps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. by letting people choose where they want to download the program

by letting people choose where they want to download the program. for example: i dont want it on our c drive, let us put it on our d drive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dark Screen

I have already used on my MSI PC exactly the same helmet (same characteristics) in September 2019 at the Planeur training center in Puivert (Aude)

Monday March 2, 2020, I decided to plug in my new helmet, bought a few days ago.
    The oculus program asked me for an update which I did immediately.
    While everything throughout the configuration seems OK, the screen of the helmet turns on, but turns off definitively after about a minute.

I reinstalled the OCULUS software, changed USB, etc. nothing helps.
    The headphones only turn on for a short time, once the USB is disconnected…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow us to remove games from the Library.

We should be able to not just uninstall and hide a game from our Library, but completely remove it from our account. There is no reason why a free game I tried that doesn't work should have to stay in the library. There could also be issues with someone's family seeing a game that a person would rather not have them see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base