Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Allow custom install location of oculus home data.

Every time an oculus update comes out I have to clean up room on my SSD to be able to install. What sucks is that the oculus program itself is taking up the most room on my drive, with the home data package being overwhelmingly the largest chunk of data (and it keeps getting larger with each update).
    It would be great to install the home data (and tutorials) to a custom location, as is done with the games, it would make updates much less of a headache.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crucial to have Subtitles in games.

Enforcement all games developers to have Subtitles includes please. For our equality and our rights.
    Too many games do not have subtitles and discrimination to people who depending on subtitles or close caption.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a setting so that the microphone automatically mutes itself when the headset is taken off.

I like playing social games, but I live in a household where I might, at any time, have to immediately take my HMD off and talk to family members, without the time to go into the menu and disable my microphone.

So, is there a setting somewhere that my open mic is disabled when I take off the headset? I can't think of any reason why I would want it left on open mic after I take my HMD off in the headset, so a setting like that would be excellent.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why is the Oculus Software so chonk?

I've been using the Oculus Desktop app since 2016 when it first went live, and I've watched it grow from a reasonable few GB to now requiring around 23GB. Can we please have an option to disable Oculus Home/furniture/etc. and reclaim all of that storage? I can't help but feel like it's bloat on what should be a rather small storefront/driver/settings combo.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix the issue with automatic app removal of apps on external disk

If the Oculus app is launched, without the external drive connected, the apps on the external disk will no longer be usable, and the user have to download them again.

This bug is particularly annoying because the oculus app starts automatically when any app uses the SDK.

I know that it is not recommended to use external drive, but using a laptop and the apps are several hundred gigs, I don't really have a choice.

There is no other app that I know of that has this behaviour, of course you cannot run the apps when the drive is not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display port not connecting!

Fix the DisplayPort not connecting issue.!! This was my first purchase. Returning it tomorrow and will never buy your product again. I use flight and racing sims and this was my first VR purchase. If it would have gone well, I would have been a regularly upgrading customer. You know what they say about first impressions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Local Setup Files

Hi, i' d prefer a local downloaded installer rather than the momentary webinstallation. It would help cutting down the download time and speed up the installation process in case of any problems like the "no display port connection" problem. And i am sure that it is even possible to release a update for both the installed app and the setup.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Auto Error reporting after a crash from the desktop app

I went thru 2 days of hair pulling after the desktop app updated and then started crashing and reloading.

I tried updating the graphics card, total re-install. (which takes forever). Looked in the log files, didn't get any useful info out of it.

After almost giving up. I looked to see what was the latest version of windows which was 1908. I was just a few rev's behind. This is what fixed my problem.

But you at least need to put up a pop up box, that states "WHY" the app is auto-closing. And give a few suggested things to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow naming of sensor devices.

I would like to name my sensors so that when an issue is reported I don't have to play the randomly unplug sensors game to find out which one is having an issue.

462 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please make Firmware updates available for download on your website

it would be super awesome if you guys would have oculus firmware downloads as optional links/things on your website. readily availble for people who the store/app doesnt work well for. ive had a lot of problems with your desktop app and this is the most major one. as well as a way to manually download them outside of oculus detecting it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Changing Real Name

In the Oculus software or online website, add the option to change your account name. Being trans and having my dead name displayed is not nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

When you launch a non-vr game on a pc the Oculus still accepts input from the xbox controller that you want to use on a desktop app.

Add the option to disable the xbox controller inside the oculus app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Uninstalling removes the other folders that is stored ProgramData and AppData, and removes all of the registry keys

When the program gets uninstalled, it should remove the Oculus folders and OpenVR from AppData and in ProgramData.

When I uninstall the program, and try to reinstall, the install gets corrupted and I have to reboot and after rebooting, still doesn't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. REGARDING : January 14,2020. Windows 7 Support End-License.

My question is about the fact that Oculus wont support windows 7 anymore.... So do you just remove DirectX 11 ? .... i mean I'm not very happy with this as i hate Directx12 <3... But mostly i wonder WHY since ... you dont need to remove directX11 .. Why just not keep it as an Extra package :D? you'd save 10 Sec of Compiling .. Not like it can be a big deal at any level BUT For LowEndSpecs PC... and Hard Enthuziams like me who NEED to run as efficient as possible with less power used

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. put a height adjuster to the settings

put a height adjuster to the settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guardian configurator

Taskbar ability to switch guardian settings. Or auto map guardian based on what game is running.
    Perfect for seated games vs standing room games and not having to navigate menu to change this all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. allow unsopprted cards

i have recently tried to play with a gtx 750 ti but it just got stuck on the update gpu driver even though it was up to date. it should allow you to continue but just with a warning that games may not work and support would be limited.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. enable dual card support

please enable dual card setup as having both a monitor and the vr headset can cause resource issues especially on lower end hardware and people shouldn't have to use adapters to be able to use them in order to play on their oculus headsets

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add an option in the Oculus software to power the controllers down.

The lights on the controllers blink when on standby, but I'd love to be able to click a button in the app to shut them off to keep them from blinking, which is a tad distracting for me while I'm doing other things, and save a little battery. I'd prefer not to give my computer a reach-around every time I want to turn the controllers off by unplugging the USB.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base