Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Rift platform.
  • Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Medium and Quill.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow custom install location of oculus home data.

Every time an oculus update comes out I have to clean up room on my SSD to be able to install. What sucks is that the oculus program itself is taking up the most room on my drive, with the home data package being overwhelmingly the largest chunk of data (and it keeps getting larger with each update).
    It would be great to install the home data (and tutorials) to a custom location, as is done with the games, it would make updates much less of a headache.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a setting so that the microphone automatically mutes itself when the headset is taken off.

I like playing social games, but I live in a household where I might, at any time, have to immediately take my HMD off and talk to family members, without the time to go into the menu and disable my microphone.

So, is there a setting somewhere that my open mic is disabled when I take off the headset? I can't think of any reason why I would want it left on open mic after I take my HMD off in the headset, so a setting like that would be excellent.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow naming of sensor devices.

I would like to name my sensors so that when an issue is reported I don't have to play the randomly unplug sensors game to find out which one is having an issue.

450 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. enable dual card support

please enable dual card setup as having both a monitor and the vr headset can cause resource issues especially on lower end hardware and people shouldn't have to use adapters to be able to use them in order to play on their oculus headsets

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add an option in the Oculus software to power the controllers down.

The lights on the controllers blink when on standby, but I'd love to be able to click a button in the app to shut them off to keep them from blinking, which is a tad distracting for me while I'm doing other things, and save a *little* battery. I'd prefer not to give my computer a reach-around every time I want to turn the controllers off by unplugging the USB.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have the game files seprate from the Oculus App so when/if you need to re-install the oculus software, you do not have to re-download games.

Have the game files separate from the Oculus App, so when/if you need to re-install the oculus software you do not have to re-download all of the games. Its a waste of time with a standard internet connection, and an expense on a metered internet connection like I have. I think each game should show up separately in add/remove programs versus everything being under the oculus software as well. Its a ridged system where it should be flexible. Will it affect the majority of people, hopefully not, but it sure would be nice for those who do run into situations…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

When you launch a non-vr game on a pc the Oculus still accepts input from the xbox controller that you want to use on a desktop app.

Add the option to disable the xbox controller inside the oculus app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow an exit game overide

There is an issue with a few games where the app will infinitely "quit" itself. This means rebooting the game will not work, as the desktop app's software thinks that it is still running. This problem mainly occurs via steam VR usage, but there should be an overide button that can be turned on in the settings, and then when the three dot options button is pushed on the app, the menu would include overide quit, it will warn you before hand and then you click ignore and it will tell the app to stop thinking it is quitting the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Help with unblocking your PIN

When you type your PIN in to fast to many times it blocks you. Instead of saying go visit the help center for support and not having jacksh*t on there. Maybe actually giving the person help or a number to call instead of them having to wait A WHOLE DAY to receive an email back. How bout that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option for purchase of physical installation media

Provide an option to purchase physical installation media.

This will help those with slow or unreliable internet connections as well as those with restrictive monthly data caps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Users To change where the oculus desktop app is installed

t's insanity that you have to go through multiple forums and discord servers asking people a simple question whit a extremely complicated step of procedures That just is not user friendly. give us the option to just switch the drive that Software is stored on before the installation process. Further More Also make it to where it dose not also have to be just NTSF hard drive just make it so any hard drive is compatible. Also You are already able to do this with in the software with video games you download. I think if Oculus is trying to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Click on An App's Version Number to see the most recent Patch Notes

Some other people here have had similar ideas, but on the store page there is a clearly visible Version Number, but no way to access the Patch Notes from the store pages, unlike other app stores like iOS or Android. A simple solution would be to have a link to the Patch Notes attached to the Version Number on each App page, so when a user wants to see the Notes they just have to click on the Version number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Invasive Occulus Update: refocuses current window.

Stop automatic refocus of oculus software on update check.

this has happened a lot lately and im just before the point of uninstalling the oculus software completely.

While playing other games such MC that are in no way related to oculus The oculus software will periodically check for updates this check is bringing me out of my other games that I am current playing and makes itself the main focused window. this is extremely aggerating and a little invasive and really starting to cause problems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display port not connecting!

Fix the DisplayPort not connecting issue.!! This was my first purchase. Returning it tomorrow and will never buy your product again. I use flight and racing sims and this was my first VR purchase. If it would have gone well, I would have been a regularly upgrading customer. You know what they say about first impressions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. allow unsopprted cards

i have recently tried to play with a gtx 750 ti but it just got stuck on the update gpu driver even though it was up to date. it should allow you to continue but just with a warning that games may not work and support would be limited.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow migration of Oculus installation to another drive without re-downloading

It's bad enough that there is no offline installer for oculus which would alleviate several installer issues, but after 3 years of people requesting it, not being able to relocate the installation is ridiculous.

Symlinks should work, but cause Oculus to be unable to update, and while allowing games to be relocated and being able to do a fresh install to a drive other than C: (although only through the command line) are steps in the right direction, it's crazy that I have to redownload the 10+ GB of content I already have that's part of the basic installation just…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the RTX 2080 to compatible graphics cards

Please add the RTX 2080 to compatible graphics cards so that the software stops saying the my system doesn't meet the requirements.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Oculus Medium

The whole power of Oculus Medium, in order to teach others or beginners,
    was the ability to follow along with tutorials IN the medium program, It
    is too hard to teach a new person by watching a video outside the medium
    program, then have to jump in medium and remember the whole
    demonstration. In the program you could pause as you went through all
    the tools. Bring this feature back PLEASE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Combine the UI concept from HelloV.io (tiny discreet dot with focal point interactivity) to Oculus Desktop App.

Summary: Combine the UI concept from HelloV.io (tiny discreet dot with focal point interactivity) to Oculus Desktop App.

I've found the biggest hurdle for streaming VR content on Twitch (or Mixer) is the ability to read chat in a way that doesn't interfere with the game experience.

The problem with OVRdrop for me: Hard to read the chat, hard to orient the chat box, incredibly annoying user interface. Setting it up so that chat is viewable when I flip my wrist is popular, but I've found a few games that utilize this action in their ui.

HelloV.io is promising. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories