Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. music controls for Spotify and other apps built into dash/menu screen

It would be convenient to have a little panel in the dash with music player controls for popular streaming services and local files, much like you get on the lock screen for your phone or in the Windows 10 Game Bar - much more convenient than having to pull up the desktop and find the app window just to pause or skip a track.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Push to Talk Universal Option

I would like an option for push to talk that mutes unmutes my mic. The touch controllers have capacitive buttons and these would work perfectly for ptt (any would work) you rest thumb on the spot(not pressing) and it turns on mic.

The thumb rest capacitive spot would be perfect to activate it or one of the menue buttons.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Close running app automatically when new app is selected

When you are in a VR app and bring up Dash, then go to the Library and select to launch another app, Dash currently tells us to quit the current app before launching another one. It would be a lot easier if Dash asked "close the app now?" and then did it for us. This way we could hop from one app to another without ever returning to Home!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow use of standard KB/M controls in Oculus Desktop

Allowing the use of standard keyboard/mouse control while inside VR would be great for users who prefer a seated VR desktop experience.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. disable 2nd monitor (oculus dash desktop) when headset is not worn

The rift should not be behaving like a second monitor (appearing in windows display settings), as when exiting the dash desktop often windows explorer windows are stuck in the rift virtual monitor, and you need to use windows shortcuts to bring them back to your physical monitor

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Quill's virtual keyboard

I love how the virtual keyboard works in Quill. I think it would work great in Dash. The reason I think it works well is because you don't see the hands, just some floating cursors, I feel like that gives you much more precision on your key presses. Using both hands to press on those nice big 3d keys feels more natural and more "made for VR".
    I also love the keyboard in "BigPicture" because they added Alt-Tab , and "Windows Key" functions that are super useful.
    Would love also if the keyboard appeared automatically when clicking on any text…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to save and load a preset "theme" of windows you always want pinned

For games like Elite: Dangerous, create a preset of windows you always want pinned and where they will be pinned in your cockpit. The preset would save the application and where it is pinned in space.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. filter for

Option to Block Violent Content/ Ads:

This would be a swell idea for children under the age of 13, people with PTSD or people with mental disorders (suicidal).

There should be some sort of content filter. I'm actually shocked in this day and age something like this isn't legally mandated...

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The Rift Should Allow for a Longer HDMI and USB cable connection, even repeaters don't work.

I've spent way too much money on trying to improve the cord management situation and nothing works. The Rift cables are too short and not even a repeater fixes the problem, it just won't detect it unless it's directly plugged in. Such a waste.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow watch to be changed to right hand

They have recently added an experimental wristwatch, that can tell the time, and can even be pinned to appear in apps, however, there is not an option to move the watch to the right hand. I think this could be a good feature for lefties(and me, because I like to wear my watch on my right hand, even though I am right handed)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Wurlitzer Jukebox

Could you please design a working Wurlitzer Jukebox which can play music from our personal collections to use in Core 2.
    It would be one of the most awesome additions to bring life to the place.

Apart from integrating Sophia as a personal AI companion.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Portable VR Streaming Camera - Stream more than your sight!

Watching Brass Tactics streams can be vomit inducing on YouTube or Twitch due to the fast movements, but it's a wonderful game and needs to be shared. However, I want to watch more VR streams. Imagine be able to spawn a camera in any game and stream from it through your streamer of choice. Like a VR 3rd person camera.

• Stream with your favorite streaming tool OR a built-in streamer that connects to Youtube, Twitch or Facebook - The idea is OPTIONS
    • Place the camera at the angle you want
    • Grab the camera and go handheld or even flip it…
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to change and customize the loading zone colors

Instead of having to stand in a white and slightly-less-white-gray colored room (which is kind of dull), I'd like to be able to customize the colors to make it more personal, and less straining on the eyes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Separate volume for apps and party

I would like to be able to set the volume scale for apps and party chat separately. Some apps are really loud and I want to be able to hear my friends over the game audio.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. standardise grab button.

you should be able to move DASH about similar to other items in oculus home, ie grab it with grab button, then use thumbstick to move it closer or further away etc. seems strange that some items move one way, and other more a different way.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Dash start in the same place relative to the room.

Some parts of my play area match how I've customized my Dash home: my couch, the shelf for my touch controllers and some boundaries. This is great for showing new people. But I have to teleport to align it every time because Dash starts relative to where I'm standing instead of relative to my physical room.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy, Paste and Other utilites on Wrist

Adding copy, paste and custom shortcut on wrist like the wrist watch on oculus home or facebook space would be good on oculus dash, rather than opening keyboard and pressing ctrl V on it, especially on some window that cant be right clicked

and unique to each hand for more function

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding & Searching for Friends

The ability to manually search & add Oculus friends found from other games is STILL not available in the VR UI. One still has to dreadfully exit to the desktop, search for their friend on the desktop app, and painstakingly manually add a friend that way. At this point its just plain silly and crazy that I have to remove my HMD in order to manually search and add an Oculus friend by their user name and that I'm unable to do it in the UI (both new and old.) Please fix.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow touch as airbrush.

For use in Photoshop & other programmes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base