Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. UAC prompt not showing in desktop (admin privilege)

When I launch something that requires admin rights inside the Dash desktop, an stretched icon is shown on the screen in VR. We have to leave VR to continue. This definitely should be fixed ASAP, or at least give us a workaround that could proceed inside VR.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We need a float-able magnifying window

With the current resolution limitations of CV1 we need to have a better way to read text. With dash we have a perfect opportunity to have a floating magnifying window. The user can place there windows wherever they want already so now we just need a magnifying glass window with a target sub window. Basically the idea is you place your magnifying window, then you have a target window which is smaller and you place this over one of your other pinned deskops or pinned application windows. This target window should remain unpinned because it should allow for quick access…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Centre virtual keyboard in Home/Dash under the Window that activates it

When the virtual keyboard is activated, make the keyboard appear under the active window, not under the dash console.

As an example, I was turned away from the dash console, facing my desktop window(s). I clicked on the keyboard icon at the bottom of the desktop window to activate the keyboard, and I couldn't see the keyboard.

It was only when I turned around that I saw the keyboard was under the dash console.

There's also no way to grab and move the keyboard to place it under the window either.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it possible to pin a Dash window to your headset (for attached HMD camera)

I think it would be awesome if there was two ways to pin Dash windows. The current one that pins it so that you can see it when you leave Dash, but also another one that pins it to your HMD, so that it follows as you look around.

This way if you have attached some kind of camera to your Rift headset, you would be able to use this to look at your surroundings easily... while without it, the Window would stay at its VR space location and looking behind you f.ex. would not really help.

This has been…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't move pinned windows when opening dash

When opening dash, the pinned desktop windows move around in vr space according to the user's head orientation. In my opinion, pinned windows should always stay where they were pinned in VR space.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Methods to Facilitate Multi-player Games

I would like the ability to indicate my interest in joining in a multi-player game without committing to that application (game) until the requisite number of players/teammates have responded in kind. Under this type of arrangement I would be able to start another application and then I would be notified (perhaps the active application would be paused) and then given the option to join in the multi-player game. In this scenario perhaps the current application could automatically save where I am at in that game/experience or offers this as an option.

I think it would great if I could indicate…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Privacy screen

The ability to disable mirror mode so that what is shown in VR is not shown on your monitors. This could be a child privacy lock to prevent children in the room seeing graphic game content.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pick a single UI interaction method and focus on it.

Either have us interact with UI elements using our hands, or the laser points and buttons, then polish the UX for that. The current system of some controls only using one interaction method or the other, and some using both, is needlessly confusing and non-optimal.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Press and hold oculus button recenter dash

Ive found that I am often having to look directly behind me, press the button, look back to where i want it to recentre to, then press it again. If we could press and hold it, that would shorten the time it takes to nearly nothing.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Automatically refocus game window

In games such as Elite Dangerous, the game is only responsive to control if the game window is focused. Any interaction with desktop windows causes the game to lose focus and controls become unresponsive. Unfortunately with video players such as Youtube maximized there is no way to refocus the game AFAIK as the Windows taskbar becomes hidden by the maximized video window. A good solution would be for the Rift software to automatically refocus the game window after Dash is closed out.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unlimited resizing and re-distancing windows.

Not to restrict how far you can make the windows go, or at least let us make it go as far as the biggest cinema in the world (probably 100-200 meters?).

Not to restrict how big you can make the screen go (otherwise, it would appear small if the distance is great). Or at least it should be larger than the max FOV (so about 180 degrees in the furthest distance would be good).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add 2nd row of dash that act as window taskbar for oculus desktop

since searching the app you need within oculus desktop is kinda hard (especially when the taskbar is hidden automaticly), adding window taskbar to the dash directly would allow faster app switching

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hide Virtual Desktop windows from Mirror for us who want to Stream Oculus Games!

VR Is getting more mainstream and the Streams are flying off the shelves, but most of us need to read the chat and be able to interact with our viewers without the pinned window showing up in the Oculus mirror.

I use the Mirror because of its 1:1 setting which is the best format for streaming to mobile devices as most of our viewers are on a Mobile phone watching though Facebook Level up.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to persistently disable ASW

Asynchronous Spacewarp seems to be set to "Auto" upon restart. I want to completely disable ASW. Currently, every time I play a Rift game, I open the debug tool and disable ASW manually. I would rather not have to do this on every restart, and instead have it persistently disabled.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drag Dash Windows to TV's and Monitors

Currently, the way to put stuff on the monitors is pretty good, the UI works well, no complaints there.

But I think it'd be nice if we could drag a window we had open in dash over a TV and it would "snap" onto it. Pretty simple :)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Select status in VR (online / offline / busy etc..)

So currently from the desktop app you can set whether you appear online or offline to friends. Would be nice if there were more options (Steam has "busy", "away", "looking to play", and also if you could set it from within VR and not just the desktop app (unless this option already exists and I can't seem to find it?).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Opacity slider for pinned destop windows

Having a pinned desktop window is nice, but, I don't always want it to be fully opaque. If I could change its transparency, it would make it less of a distraction when doing other things.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Voice Control has gone missing? Please add Voice Control back into Oculus Dash / Home

I used to use the voice control option in the old Oculus Home, and have found that it's not available in the new Core 2.0 beta?

Hopefully you guys aren't dropping it. Please add the functionality back in.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the green cross calibration easier to reach

Whenever i put my rift back on, i always hit the menu button and quickly check to make sure its on perfectly for clarity. Now that button is hidden behind a couple of menus. It'd be great to see a button on the dash where the touch battery and headphone volume is. Somewhere easy to reach.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Button to hide pinned windows when in an app.

It would be nice to have a button or customizable hotkey to quickly hide pinned windows when in an app. Windows are great in games like Elite Dangerous but occasionally get in the way of reading menus and other content.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base