Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Option to “anchor” furniture in home

This has happened a few times since I opted in, where I go to grab an object and because of proximity to another, the larger object Is picked up. For example If a basketball is very close to a table or a bench, instead of grabbing the ball, you are more likely to grab the the table or bench. If you could have the option to anchor a pice if furniture, that wouldn’t be a problem any more

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show wrist-watch even when Dashboard isn't up

The wrist-watch is a cool way to see the time, but it currently only shows up when the Dashboard is up, and Dashboard already shows the time. It would be a lot more useful to be able to be able to see the time even when the Dashboard isn't up.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Performance Decrease after Rift Core 2.0

Performance has decreased to where Games that I used to play with are unplayable.

Primary Game played Elite Dangerous. Graphics Card GTX780TI. System I7 - 4770, 32 GB Ram, Windows 10.

Elite Dangerous with Hello V (inserts browser in game) works flawlessly in Previous Version.

Enabling Rirft Core 2.0 without popping out any windows the performance drops where frames stutter.

Disabling Rift Core 2.0 and going back to previous, solves that problem immediately and everything works just as before.

Elite Dangerous is set to High on all settings and it works without a stutter.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide bottom bar of pinned window

Hide top and bottom bar of pinned windows, when not interacting with the window (e.g. pinning/closing/etc). It's very annoying to have a grey bar at the bottom of the window when watching a movie, or playing a game full-screened. There seems to something (artefact?) at the top as well, that should be removed.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A library for desktop programs.

Basically being able to choose certain programs that can launch in a seperate window instead of having to go to desktop then open a program, then create a window.

So you could allow certain programs, this way they won't require as many steps, and you could control what programs someone can use if you're demoing it.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a Virtual Floating In-Game Camera Through Dash

For those who have seen the movie Ready Player One everyone owns a personalized floating orb equipped with a Camera to take selfies with, except instead of just that, you could place it behind you and record/stream a 3rd person view of your character inside the game to show your friends.

Streamers could use this for personal streaming since it's a little wonky to watch their first person head move around fast.
    I feel like This could be perfect for watching Individual gameplay, whereas VR Spectating is perfect for watching a game from any angle.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Oculus Dash "lock" option

Much like there is an option in Oculus Home to lock your home, there should be an option to lock Oculus Dash. I don't like whenever I hold the grip button to point my finger I grab one of the screens and move it. I'd like to be able to customise where my screens go and then stay there, until I unlock it.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Buggy Multi monitor. Portrait multimonitor issues.

Firstly I have an issue where I am unable to adjust the monitors once placed. When I grip them it simply creates a new monitor thats completely black so I have a copy of the monitor but blacked out with a huge performance hit.

Secondly I have a portrait mode monitor which comes out as stretched into a forced portrait image.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. can we have a text to speech functionality integrated in dash?

...or just integrate the Windows one in Dash

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow customization of how much the Dash darkens the game

A recent change makes the game world darken a bit when you open the dash. Personally, I don't like this change, I play a lot of VRChat and other social apps and like to use my dash while chatting. I'll still be looking around and talking with people while the dash is open, so I want the game world to stay the same. I know others might like this change though. It would be nice if there was some control over how much the game was darkened, including an option to turn it off. Maybe a slider of some sort?…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create "Dash Widgets" so we can pin more than screens to our Dash environment.

It would be great for this. There could be free and paid widgets like stylized clocks, weather apps, performance monitors, etc etc. Essentially, truly customize your Dash view experience to your liking.

I would easily drop .99 for a widget.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a brightnes Dimmer slider to all the windows

When you pinned any Windows and you are playing in a dark games like Elite Dangerous, the windows are to bright and is painful.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. make dash a little less sensitive or slightly furthur away

Not a huge issue but is annoying when it happens. I open dash and as soon as it appears my hands have accidentally clicked on something due to it appearing close to where i keep my hands when i sit.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Different configurations for different games / apps and within app scenes

Configure generic window positions specific to a game or app, and drag and drop windows from the desktop into position. For example, in Elite: Dangerous, you could pre-position windows in your cockpit for streaming video or external tools, and just drop a source in -- or even better, remember the source and automatically try to restore it -- so that you don't have to fiddle with positioning every time.

Similarly, allow the game / app to control which configuration is in use at any particular time. Again, using Elite as an example, you might have different configurations for different ship…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give option to save the Dash panel layout.

Every time I start Oculus, only the "Explore" panel appears, which I barely use at all. Every single time I need to set up my own layout, reopen, resize, and reposition every panel that I usually use. It can be a real drag. Just let us save our own layouts please.
    In fact, that should have been the "Pin to Experience" buttons function in the first place.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integrate FB messenger with oculus

A lot of my family and friends use facebook messenger to contact me IRL or call me. It would be nice if I could get like a small message (I'm thinking like a small test window up in the top right or left of the screen) or sound from the dash letting me know when friends or family have messaged me in messenger.
    Also, it would be nice to respond VIA a built-in messenger app in the dash. Like answer calls on messenger or respond to texts VIA built-in app.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More friend friendly

you really need to implement a way for friends to hang out together inside our homes, add interactive things we can do like vr poker, pool, darts, films and so on. this seems the only thing to be missing to make it the "READY PLAYER ONE" experience. I hear the vr gear does something similar. apart from this, amazing all around !!!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base