Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Automatically enter WebVR when site requests it.

I use Sketchfab to look at 3d models in VR. I wish there was a way to just open them from a web browser in Home/Store/etc. instead of having to take off the headset, find the model, open in VR, and hope it works.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let pass through camera on Rift S to see my physical keyboard.

I can't do any of the keyboard shortcuts for photoshop, and won't be able to fully have any productivity on virtual desktop. The only thing I"m missing is the keyboard. HTC vive has a program called "FragmentVR" that allows a window. Even better would be to identify the keyboard, and show a photogrammetry version of the keyboard with clearer keys, and shadow of the hand overlapping it.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shimmering of text, anti-aliasing/supersampling settings

Compared to Bigscreen, Dash's screen is brighter and sharper, which is very nice. However, text seems to shimmer quite a bit. I suspect it's due to a lack of anti-aliasing, or not as aggressive in it or super-sampling.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move window control bar to the top

The black control bar with window controls (pin, minimize, keyboard) is currently at the bottom of all windows.
    It is commonly hidden behind the dash panel when sitting down.

Potentially move it to the top of the window and the controls to the center of the bar.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Undo when accidentally grabbed a window you don't want to

Wish there is a way to undo the window back when you accidentally grabbed it.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Vertical monitor orientation support

Portrait mode vertically oriented monitors appear rotated with a wrong aspect ratio, and tear-out window panels display the wrong part of the desktop sideways.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Voice Typing/Commands

First off, I'd love to see a built-in "Okay Google" type of command system with some kind of personal assistant built in that can do all of the things you'd want even while in game. Something like "Dash, do me a favor friend all players in this session," or "Dash, do me a favor, take a screenshot and post it to my Facebook page with the caption, 'Exploring the universe.'" Also when working with the desktop allow voice typing.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Don't take over my world (home) with the Loader Screen when I launch an app.

Don't take over my world (home) with the Loader Screen when I launch an app.
    Let me stay with my Virtual Desktop (or just in Home) when I launch an app.

As it is now, after I launch an app, I immediately hit the Oculus home button and re-select my Virtual Desktop. I keep reading whatever website I have up while my game loads. When it's ready, I hit the home button again and play my game.

Standing around watching loading screens for no reason gets old pretty fast.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pin desktop in a location in your home

Be able to leave the desktop open in a location of your choosing in your home and access it by waking up to it.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Extend screentshots to support 360 capture

You have support for screen capture in the dash, but can we please extend that to produce a 360 image. Then allow us to import them as backgrounds in home. I also have a vested interest, that I would like people to be able to use them in my Jigsaw 360 game.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Speed up home transitions between store, home, and friend home

Right now it's ~7-10 seconds and there's simply no need for it to be that long.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Watch/Clock window to Pin

It should be great to have a simple watch/clock window to pin, during gaming or anything else.

Vive la VR! :)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow us to Disable the Grid where the screen snaps on

The grid in front of you keeps taking over when I want to place a screen a bit behind the grid or a bit in front of it. Let us disable that grid and place our windows where we want!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screen capture / record

Please let us add screenshot capability in Dash / Oulus in general so I can take a screenshot with the press of a button without fiddling around on my physical keyboard IF the game I've got open, supports it.

Additionally, I heavily use nVidia ShadowPlay.
    PLEASE let us have the ability to have shadowplay // "Share" (as it's called now) record everything that is going on.
    Right now it just captures the game-footage but not the Dash-Windows I've pinned.

Basically, merge the preview of the game that anybody can view on the monitor with everything the new Core 2.0 Update…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Control the radius boundry of the automatically curved screens.

I'd like to be able to move the desktop windows farther away but still maintain a curved screen when desired.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. home apps

I think it would be kind of cool to work with some major platforms like YouTube, Twitch, Pandora, Spotify to have embedded apps for when I am in the Home. Like you can turn YouTube or Twitch onto a TV on the wall while using the Desktop environment or have an embeded pandora or spotify app that plays music in the background.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow mouse and keyboard control as well as touch

Some people (like me) use Rift while sitting at a desk with a HOTAS, keyboard and mouse. Using a touch controller in combination with this environment is extremely impractical. Can options to use keyboard and mouse to control the dash and desktop functions be implemented?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Workspaces

Not sure if this is already implemented, but if it is, I could not find a way to do this. Allow me to create virtual workspaces that I can switch. For example, I may create a "work" workspace, where I have things arrange a certain way. Then I may have a "play" workspace that arranges the windows in a different way. Then I can switch back an forth as I need them. They need to be synced to the cloud so that I can access them from any computer anywhere.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Volume UI and UX

I preferred adjusting the volume with + and - buttons with the volume level visible. Using sliders in VR is finicky unless it's notchy.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. have ability to play real games in home

it would be great to be able to play certain games like cards and for younger uses certain TV games such as yu gi oh. also to be able to make card towers and throw them around, other games like that would also be great especially if you can play them with friends.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base