Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Workspaces

Not sure if this is already implemented, but if it is, I could not find a way to do this. Allow me to create virtual workspaces that I can switch. For example, I may create a "work" workspace, where I have things arrange a certain way. Then I may have a "play" workspace that arranges the windows in a different way. Then I can switch back an forth as I need them. They need to be synced to the cloud so that I can access them from any computer anywhere.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to save and load a preset "theme" of windows you always want pinned

For games like Elite: Dangerous, create a preset of windows you always want pinned and where they will be pinned in your cockpit. The preset would save the application and where it is pinned in space.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shimmering of text, anti-aliasing/supersampling settings

Compared to Bigscreen, Dash's screen is brighter and sharper, which is very nice. However, text seems to shimmer quite a bit. I suspect it's due to a lack of anti-aliasing, or not as aggressive in it or super-sampling.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide bottom bar of pinned window

Hide top and bottom bar of pinned windows, when not interacting with the window (e.g. pinning/closing/etc). It's very annoying to have a grey bar at the bottom of the window when watching a movie, or playing a game full-screened. There seems to something (artefact?) at the top as well, that should be removed.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve Volume UI and UX

I preferred adjusting the volume with + and - buttons with the volume level visible. Using sliders in VR is finicky unless it's notchy.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Different configurations for different games / apps and within app scenes

Configure generic window positions specific to a game or app, and drag and drop windows from the desktop into position. For example, in Elite: Dangerous, you could pre-position windows in your cockpit for streaming video or external tools, and just drop a source in -- or even better, remember the source and automatically try to restore it -- so that you don't have to fiddle with positioning every time.

Similarly, allow the game / app to control which configuration is in use at any particular time. Again, using Elite as an example, you might have different configurations for different ship…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fling to dismiss windows

VR with hand presence should be a very natural process. Manipulating the environment directly rather than through button presses should be the end goal of any UX design in VR.

With that in mind, I'd suggest allowing windows to be dismissed by grabbing and flinging them away, or at least dropping them in or flinging them toward a trash icon. Pushing a button is fiddly, and while there are other suggestions (e.g. pressing another button while holding the window) I think the more hands-on approach would feel more natural.

Obviously this needs to go alongside other methods for non-Touch configurations.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Close & or Pin buttons on Oculus desktop Monitor selection buttons on dash.

Right now pinning monitors can be hard if the virtual display is set far or if their is multiple oculus windows in front of the virtual display.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Screen capture / record

Please let us add screenshot capability in Dash / Oulus in general so I can take a screenshot with the press of a button without fiddling around on my physical keyboard IF the game I've got open, supports it.

Additionally, I heavily use nVidia ShadowPlay.
    PLEASE let us have the ability to have shadowplay // "Share" (as it's called now) record everything that is going on.
    Right now it just captures the game-footage but not the Dash-Windows I've pinned.

Basically, merge the preview of the game that anybody can view on the monitor with everything the new Core 2.0 Update…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Vehicle/Electric Scooter/ Hover Kart

A small vehicle item which users could get around their home environments seated

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make New Friends

The Make New Friends option in the Home desktop app should be easily accessable with dash while in a game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. place and pin an image of keyboard

Dear Oculus, maybe you can implement this: outline your keyboard using Touch controller... take a picture of it and place it as overlay there using Touch controller. Then no need to track as long as it stays still

Would also love to do this with, say, picture of keyboard instrument of choice

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Now Playing icon in Dash tricky to use

If you have something other than the currently playing app visible in the "center" screen, I would expect pressing the button for the current app to show me the window with Recenter/Quit. Instead, it quits Dash and I have to open it again.

I would think quitting Dash would be unnecessary because it's easy to just use the Oculus button.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A library for desktop programs.

Basically being able to choose certain programs that can launch in a seperate window instead of having to go to desktop then open a program, then create a window.

So you could allow certain programs, this way they won't require as many steps, and you could control what programs someone can use if you're demoing it.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Centre virtual keyboard in Home/Dash under the Window that activates it

When the virtual keyboard is activated, make the keyboard appear under the active window, not under the dash console.

As an example, I was turned away from the dash console, facing my desktop window(s). I clicked on the keyboard icon at the bottom of the desktop window to activate the keyboard, and I couldn't see the keyboard.

It was only when I turned around that I saw the keyboard was under the dash console.

There's also no way to grab and move the keyboard to place it under the window either.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make dash a little less sensitive or slightly furthur away

Not a huge issue but is annoying when it happens. I open dash and as soon as it appears my hands have accidentally clicked on something due to it appearing close to where i keep my hands when i sit.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show the desktop when there is no monitor connected.

I know this is mostly a windows issue, but Virtual Desktop can still show a desktop with no monitor connected.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Desktop window hides Dash window - make the "center stage" dash window jut upward

The desktop window hides whatever dash window/app has been set in the "center stage" area that's marked with a diamond. It could be useful to have that dash app jut upward, like a card emerging from a pack of cards, in order to be able to interact with it without having to constantly close and open the desktop window.

This seems especially useful because whatever has taken that "center stage" is probably more important than the stuff dashed to the sides.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base