Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Core 2.0 makes

Problem when running minecraft for windows 10 vr. Extremely juttery since update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Privacy screen

The ability to disable mirror mode so that what is shown in VR is not shown on your monitors. This could be a child privacy lock to prevent children in the room seeing graphic game content.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Private rooms or spaces.

Be able to create a private space that friends cannot see or enter

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add more pin/lock options. Pin to HMD, pin to controllers... more?

Would be really nice to have more pinning options. This way you can f.ex. add a camera feed to your HMD. Maybe you have put a camera on your Rift that can then to be used to orient yourself. Maybe you want to add an FPS counter or a clock to your display as a small Window?

Gives the users a lot of options since you can just pin any kind of Windows window to it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. personalised ui navigation

I use alot of programs such as 3ds max/photoshop/solidworks and it would be nice to add those shortcuts to the main ui. Also it would be a nice idea to have the ui to slight hover towards your hand once you scroll your hand over so you can get a better feeling to what you want to select.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Button for right mouse click, instead of long press.

Right now using the windows touch interface means you have to long press for right click when we have lots of perfectly good buttons on the controller. Give us a dedicated right click button.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use Touchscreen keyboard instead of on screen keyboard

Using touch keyboard would be more better for oculus touch and it has more input option than just normal keyboard

(screenshot from How to geek handwriting keyboard tutorial)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow simultaneous grid alignment AND object clipping

Allow objects to align to a grid of the Home structure, but also allow objects to clip through one another. This is helpful in creating new structures from existing structures, without having to carefully, painstakingly align them manually if wanting to also make them clip through one another.

For example, a large shelf will snap next to a second large shelf, but being able to clip the ends through one another slightly can make turn it into one large shelf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Voice Control has gone missing? Please add Voice Control back into Oculus Dash / Home

I used to use the voice control option in the old Oculus Home, and have found that it's not available in the new Core 2.0 beta?

Hopefully you guys aren't dropping it. Please add the functionality back in.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow touch as airbrush.

For use in Photoshop & other programmes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow us to Disable the Grid where the screen snaps on

The grid in front of you keeps taking over when I want to place a screen a bit behind the grid or a bit in front of it. Let us disable that grid and place our windows where we want!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Quill's virtual keyboard

I love how the virtual keyboard works in Quill. I think it would work great in Dash. The reason I think it works well is because you don't see the hands, just some floating cursors, I feel like that gives you much more precision on your key presses. Using both hands to press on those nice big 3d keys feels more natural and more "made for VR".
    I also love the keyboard in "BigPicture" because they added Alt-Tab , and "Windows Key" functions that are super useful.
    Would love also if the keyboard appeared automatically when clicking on any text…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to dismiss warnings while in virtual desktop in Dash

The "Unsupported hardware" warning in Dash's virtual desktop is rather big and obscures lower part of the desktop, making it awkward to peek "over" the warning.

Moreover, there does not seem to be currently a way to dismiss the warning. It would be great if there were, otherwise I need to start going back to hardware description file hacking, because it is very annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. golf club problems

can you please cater for left handed people the golf club doesnt work the ball goes backwards when i hit it, also 2 hands on the club is the norm not 1, thanks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dash swipe keyboard would be better

I enjoyed the "hunt and peck" style keyboard for a minute but I can't help but wonder how much more effective a swipe keyboard would be while we wait for keyboard vr tech to make is way too oculus. Bonus points for talk to text universal button - meaning it should work ANYWHERE!

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cord Tangling... NO MORE!

Like the one in Racket: NX. Check the attached file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change window resolution when resizing

Since most of the desktop function from inside dash will be used to browser the web, it would be amazing if windows can change resolution when being resolution. As most of the web is responsive these days, the web would automatically adapt to lower resolution and display mobile-like version, therefore making even small and distant windows possible in VR.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We need a float-able magnifying window

With the current resolution limitations of CV1 we need to have a better way to read text. With dash we have a perfect opportunity to have a floating magnifying window. The user can place there windows wherever they want already so now we just need a magnifying glass window with a target sub window. Basically the idea is you place your magnifying window, then you have a target window which is smaller and you place this over one of your other pinned deskops or pinned application windows. This target window should remain unpinned because it should allow for quick access…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dash should have pinned window arrangements.

If I already have discord open on desktop then when I load into vr home it should already be pinned where it last was pinned. Going further you should be able to switch between arrangements. Where windows are pinned in one vr experience might not be good for another. So I should be able to pull up dash and hit a button on the carousel just like the monitor button, which would then show my bookmarked arrangements. Selecting this button should automatically pull up all the windows of that bookmark. If it's not possible to auto launch and programs for…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base