Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Transparent windows/Twitch Chat

I need some help. l Was able to find a program that allows the twitch chat to be transparent.. however.. once I move the program from a monitor to PIN it.. it NO LONGER is transparent.. has a background color. ANY ideas? Help please.
    This is what I found.. works great!! Just like restream chat app. However.. BOTH if them lose their transparency once you pin it.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=GjHIF27hLHs
    I stream and being able to see the chat now is a plus.. However having an entire POP-OUT chat window.. thats not see thru or crop-able.. takes up alot of screen in…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dash Belt/Ribbon missing

Where's my belt/ribbon? (I think you guys call it a belt based on some assets named in the Oculus dir).
    I've never seen the belt at all. I've been told by other users that it is always there when the dash is brought up (oculus button).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Put basic actions at the top level of Dash

In the previous Void menu, most basic actions where immediately there: reset view, turn off Guardian.

Now I have to go down at least one or more levels to get to them.

Could you add a row of basic actions (like before) above or to the side of the Dash?

As someone who switches between room-scale and seated vr, I mostly used the menu to turn Guardion on or off. This has become less convenient in the current system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In game music and desktop audio slider

While this might be impossible to implement without restructuring integral things on individual apps and games, I would love to have a music slider in dash. Some games have great music, some don't. But sometimes I just want my background music, but I still want the sound effects of the apps..

Right now, I have to find the menu in the app I am running, find the setup item, go to audio options, and pull the music down to zero and back all the way out again, open dash, get to the desktop to start my music player of choice…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow mouse and keyboard control as well as touch

Some people (like me) use Rift while sitting at a desk with a HOTAS, keyboard and mouse. Using a touch controller in combination with this environment is extremely impractical. Can options to use keyboard and mouse to control the dash and desktop functions be implemented?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Bug?]Playing a game with Dash

awesome if I can play a game with using Dash like surfing the internet.
    I tried and found that it works well with a few apps like Google Earth VR and Quill, but mostly, when I push Oculus Home button, an app stops.
    Then, even if it works, it is not rendered well.(if there is an object between me and the window, I can still see the window. But it shouldn't.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding & Searching for Friends

The ability to manually search & add Oculus friends found from other games is STILL not available in the VR UI. One still has to dreadfully exit to the desktop, search for their friend on the desktop app, and painstakingly manually add a friend that way. At this point its just plain silly and crazy that I have to remove my HMD in order to manually search and add an Oculus friend by their user name and that I'm unable to do it in the UI (both new and old.) Please fix.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow us to pin Home objects in Dash that show up in games.

As a way to model your surroundings so you can avoid that coffee table or orient yourself. Or just so I can have a cool digital bird flying around in my Elite cockpit with me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow interaction with pinned windows by long pressing the menu button.

A quick press would still open dash, but a long press would just show your hands and allow interacting with pinned windows without bringing up the rest of dash/your belt.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to require button/trigger press to activate buttons in Dash

I find myself accidentally pressing buttons on the Dash bar almost immediately after opening the Dash menu sometimes, due to the positioning of my hands when it's opened. Having an option to require some kind of hardware action (either button or trigger) to confirm a selection would be helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The Dash ribbon gets in the way of pressing the button to quit VR apps

When you open Dash to quit a game, it's button ribbon is directly in between your hand and the close button, blocking you from pressing it without awkwardly reaching up over the ribbon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unlimited resizing and re-distancing windows.

Not to restrict how far you can make the windows go, or at least let us make it go as far as the biggest cinema in the world (probably 100-200 meters?).

Not to restrict how big you can make the screen go (otherwise, it would appear small if the distance is great). Or at least it should be larger than the max FOV (so about 180 degrees in the furthest distance would be good).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Left click dragging

Enable users to drag with the left mouse button in Oculus Windows. One way to implement this is by changeing scrolling to dragging when pointing toward a window and holding the "a"-button, or something similar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Bug] Virtual keyboard and destop problems when Windows DPI scale set high.

3D Virtual keyboard has no keys but appears 2-dimensionally (and is usable) in the corner of the virtual desktop window. Manipulating virtual desktop items becomes problematic after a short time (possibly related). Unusable (cropped sections of the desktop) secondary windows appear when dragging windows out of the desktop, also possibly related. Finally my real keyboard's key-mapping becomes scrambled after using the virtual keyboard, remedied by logging out and logging back in.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Voice Typing/Commands

First off, I'd love to see a built-in "Okay Google" type of command system with some kind of personal assistant built in that can do all of the things you'd want even while in game. Something like "Dash, do me a favor friend all players in this session," or "Dash, do me a favor, take a screenshot and post it to my Facebook page with the caption, 'Exploring the universe.'" Also when working with the desktop allow voice typing.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pin desktop in a location in your home

Be able to leave the desktop open in a location of your choosing in your home and access it by waking up to it.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hot key list attached to keyboard

Adding a costumizable hot key list for each program that uses the keyboard. This makes using applications that use hot keys heavily, possible to use in VR.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allows to crop or provide custom desktop window sizes.

I like to have a lot of apps open but currently every window is displayed as a wide rectangle that I can only change the scale of. It would be great to crop some windows. I'm thinking of a music player where I really don't need to see everything on the page but only the play/pause/rewind/skip buttons. I also know that many apps have a responsive design and it would be great to resize some windows either live or pre-made shapes so some items could display in a mobile format. For one that would be great for web designers who…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [bug] I get disconnected from Home often

I get the error that Home can't connect to the Oculus server, a countdown and I am thrown out of Home. Sometimes several times in a row,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow user to adjust angle of dash

The current implementation is exremely hard to use when lying down. Go on, try it.

Currently the dash panel needs to be below the user with the user looking down on it's upward facing icons.This limits the possible situations it can be used effectively.

If there was an option to tilt the dash panel to 90 degrees perpendicular to horizontal (or further) it would allow for much easier use in a wider range of user scenarios.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base