Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Make lens spacing easy to get to again

Lens spacing is easily my most used feature of the oculus gui, In the new dash it is much more of a PIA to get to and on top of that it is not behaving properly in some apps. It is like it renders with the app and begins flashing instead of having a black background, very frustrating and is the only thing preventing me from embracing the new dash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. spectate mode, so you can see your room with out moving?

Spectate mode so you can edit your room, in desktop or in VR?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. make it work ?

used to be i ran new oculus home it all worked fine until i touched the desktop icon on dash, only then would it black screen my pc ,its instant now as soon as click new home beta it restarts oculus and black screens straight away no need to touch dash beacuse nothing works at all now tried restarts finally unplug hmd restart oculus ooo now it actually opens reset to original home plug in hmd and it works again
    recently reinstalled and download games again with all the errors in riftcore 2.0 Im running 17 4790 16 gb 1600mHz…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to turn on and warm up Rift for 15min

Often when you first put the rift on you get foggy misty screens as it's cold and your body is warm.

To combat this people put something over the sensor so the Rift can warm up.

Couldn't we have an option to force the headset on before use? Maybe set at a max time of 10-15min just in case it's forgotten about and it's a good time to jump in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Press and hold oculus button recenter dash

Ive found that I am often having to look directly behind me, press the button, look back to where i want it to recentre to, then press it again. If we could press and hold it, that would shorten the time it takes to nearly nothing.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Daily Object Rewards (duplicate substitute)

When opening your daily reward box / unlock reward box there should be some type of allocation instead of receiving a duplicate item that serves no purpose when you already have the item & can use the stamp option.
    Like being able to exchange item for another random chance at a item that was in the same category as the duplicate you received yet again.

Already received 4 uber ducks not to mention duplicate rewards of other items.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rift Core Idea - Per App Button Remap Profiles

Add the ability to remap/store button profiles for each game/app.

This would, for example, make it possible to swap the trigger and grab buttons for games that insist on using the trigger button for "grab" functionality.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Home environment corrupted

when I'm in the home environment it is completely corrupted all i see is a mass of triangles. I have reinstalled Oculus home 2.0 on both my laptop and main PC but the issue remains (on both machines). I can view the shop environment fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. when you visit the home of a friend is it possible to see it live?

Hello, for the dash a system like RecRoom, when you visit the home of a friend is it possible to see it live?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Problems when first entering Dash/home

I have problems when first entering Dash/Home on my Oculus. On occasion I will end up right next to an item that I put in the home. In this example its a shelf that had a bunch of items on it. I pop in and the shelf ends up getting hit, somehow, and everything on it falls off. Then the last time I loaded up Dash and popped into my home the shelf ended up getting knocked down to the ground.
    TO prevent this, there needs to be a way to pin these items so you don't end up accidentally…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Smooth out the movement of screens and lock screen roation in the Dash desktop viewer.

This will make it easier to place screens that you pull out as well as make them straight, but the future to rotate screens shouldn't be disabled and instead should be enabled by a button push after grabbing the screen.

This will make it a bit more comfortable for people who have shaky hands like me and want to watch content comfortably when in the Oculus Home or other VR programs and games.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. disable 2nd monitor (oculus dash desktop) when headset is not worn

The rift should not be behaving like a second monitor (appearing in windows display settings), as when exiting the dash desktop often windows explorer windows are stuck in the rift virtual monitor, and you need to use windows shortcuts to bring them back to your physical monitor

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Performance needs better

Performance, performance, performance. I've had to disable dash until this is sorted. Running a low end machine but never had issues till dash

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow selection in notifications that you recieve

I was playing a competitive multiplayer game when notifications kept popping up that someone was inviting me to play another game. The message took up a huge portion of my field of view, hindering my performance. I can't think of any game, even a single player one, where I want to be disturbed. I wish I would only be notified of anything when I exit an app or have Oculus Dash open.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Modifing some aspects of the Multimonitor VR desktop

Hi,
    I have a multimonitor setup for Working purposes. 3 +1 Screen Layout
    With this I mean I have 4 real screens, attach to the graphic (GTX1070).
    Rift Ocupied one of the ports so now, i can only run a 3 monitor Setup, or cicle beetween my needs.
    Within Oculus Dash when i try to "grab a Window" to make a solo "view" of a app, it pulls out a black window.
    I read somewhere that this is somehow attach to how many monitores do u have/ports used on the graphic. With in my case, i have all ports/slots, ocupied. …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Interacting with pinned screens

I am new to vr and not much of a tech guy. I picked this for the potential multi tasking ability. I have notice that you can not interact with an pinned screen when it is pulled off the desktop. I have pull it up on the desktop to say skip a song or pause video. Is there any way to fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. UAC prompt not showing in desktop (admin privilege)

When I launch something that requires admin rights inside the Dash desktop, an stretched icon is shown on the screen in VR. We have to leave VR to continue. This definitely should be fixed ASAP, or at least give us a workaround that could proceed inside VR.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Moving the desktop viewer can be quite difficult

Trying to move the desktop viewer can be dificult, as instead of moving the window, I end creating a new one of the app that I have opened. I like the idea of having as many windows as wanted for desktop apps, but I think there should be separate ways of creating them different from moving the whole desktop window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chat rooms in the home

It would be pretty cool to make your home a social space where you can see your friends that enter and you could talk to them right there and then. To add to that, it would be cool if our mouth's move!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Use the Minuum keyboard, LEAP motion style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmEy9jxwte4

Typing with two fingers with no physical feedback on a keyboard designed for use with ten fingers and physical feedback is a massive pain.

The Minuum predictive keyboard, used in the manner in the video above, looks like it would be a much more pleasant VR typing experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base