Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Optical handtracking for Rift S

Please make sure that - alongside Quest - Rift S will also get optical hand tracking. Parity between the headsets should be a high priority. Currently there's no clear commitment either way and Rift S users shouldn't be left out if there's not a serious, technical reason.

1,481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

102 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please continue selling Rift CV1 spares for a reasonable time after sale of last CV1 (March 2019)

Rift CV1 owners are concerned at the recent decision to stop selling the Rift CV1 accessories only 6 months after the sale of the last headset. Of particular concern is the lack headset cable which is probably the most fragile component. The expectation that we should buy a whole new headset if this $50 part fails is a major concern.

Many circumstances can occur outside of warranty conditions like

• pets can chew this cable

• accidental twisting over time fatigues the cable

• accidental falls can pull the cable from the PC

All these circumstances are not Oculus' fault and should not…

983 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To start selling replacement cord for Oculus Rift S

The Oculus Rift S cable can get kinked or knotted badly. I believe it would be helpful if Oculus starts selling replacement cables.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Rift S to use external cameras from the original Rift

Everyone who has upgraded to the Rift S from the CV1 has encountered a downgrade in tracking in various games. A great example would be shooter games where you have to aim down sights, which causes you to lose tracking since the controller is too close to the headset. Supporting the external cameras would allow more people to upgrade from the original rift without sacrificing their tracking. Also people with the Rift S would have the option to purchase more cameras to “enhance the experience”. The only issues that can possibly be encountered would be USB bandwidth errors from having…

242 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Experimental 90Hz (or higher) mode for Rift S and Quest

As we know, display panels of Rift S and Quest are capable of running at 90Hz, but locked away due to heat or certification issues. Please provide an experimental option for advanced users to "overclock" their device and use it at higher refresh rates.

We understand that Oculus wants to provide a smooth experience for general customers but please also allow room for enthusiast users to tinker with their devices.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give us a standing/sitting mode for the Rift S

I like to sit down at my desk and watch bigscreen which is seperate from my Place Space, but when I do that on some games it positions me as super far from center in Bigscreen occasionally and also it always trips my boundary visuals, so I have had to turn them off, which is a bit dangerous. Please allow us to change to 3DOF mode from the dash quick settings menu :)

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix Rift S Microphone intermittent quality dropping (Robot / Metallic voice)

I'd like to request you guys to fix the intermittent microphone quality dropping that a lot of users are facing on the Rift S. Here's a link to show you how the issue shows up:

https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantAntediluvianAlfalfaPanicBasket

As you can listen the quality drop occurs just for a few seconds, but it's random and intermittent getting people annoyed in social games like Pavlov VR, VRChat and RecRoom. Hope you guys can fix it somehow. I have opened a support ticket already but they couldn't help me to fix the problem. Thanks.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A Polite and Honest request to REMOVE Bloat from the Install process

I have watched Home become larger and larger over time to the point that it is now ~7.5GB DOWNLOAD.
    This is completely unacceptable.

It's pretty clear that the vast majority of this is Home and the Touch Tutorial, both now officially considered Unnecessary (You have an option to disable Home in the Oculus App)

Please have a look at the Attached Image and see just how much of the overall package is what I would consider "Bloatware".

As you can see, the Touch Tutorial takes a massive 1.59GB,
    while Home (the Oculus Worlds folder) takes a wopping * 10GB!…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let me play Steam VR Games without the performance hungry device known as Oculus app running in the background.

Don't know about you... but whenever I play any steam vr game (which I do much more often than oculus), it takes up about 26% of my cpu, and a decent chunk of my memory. All I really want is a way to play GORN without my cpu ******** itself, due to the oculus app. Make it less performance hungry, or just an option to make it gone in general.

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rift S real earphones accessory.

As a long time VR enthusiast coming from the DK1 and DK2. Rift S should have come with real earphones. Sell some bolt-on option asap. I understand you can get away with the piped solution for the GO and even partly the Quest. Wired PCVR, headphones are the minimum.

At the very least for your next rift, do not forget the IPD slider and the earphones. Lessons learned.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rift S controllers battery life.

The batteries in the controllers run out quickly. About 2-3 days. It doesn't seem to depend on whether I use them or not. But when I stop the Oculus service between gaming sessions batteries last much longer. It seems like it would be nice to better tune the idle mode of the helmet and controllers.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It seems like you've forgotten about the Rift S, can we have more interesting features and ideas?

At OC6 nothing new was announced for the Oculus Rift S but many things were announced for the quest. Can we get some more cool features?

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Turn off controllers

There NEEDS to be a sleep mode or an option to turn off the controllers. I have just gotten my Oculus Rift S (3 days ago) and the controllers had gone through the included batteries in under 24 hours. I have swapped them out and been taking them out when I'm not using the Rift.

It seems like a major design flaw to have the controllers constantly running and to turn them off, having to take out the batteries. Not trying to repeat myself but there needs to be a way to turn them off or else you'll be constantly…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Trade in Rift S for Quest

I feel that after the announcement that Quest will have the option of using PCVR, this has made the Rift S a much worst value.

I and many other Rift S users would instantly exchange our Rift S for a quest and gladly pay for the Link since it gives you more versatility and the option of PCVR and wireless. The improvement that the Rift S has over the quests are not worth the price of admission. Four months after launch and I deeply regret buying a Rift S.

The Rift s is simply not worth 400 usd on the…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. make oculus medium and other creation tools multi platform so artists can choose what HMD they find most comfortable/affordable.

Hi I’m a digital artist and you guys just happened to make the best 3D sculpting program out there(oculus medium). It is literally the only thing I use VR for. BUT I am a HtC user and I am constantly being stopped from doing my work after “revive” gets the boot from updates. And I don’t make enough money to buy another VR setup to just use 1 art program. So I beg of you to open your platform just a bit more. I understand having exclusives, but I don’t understand making art tools an exclusive. Let the people create…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add keyboard hand tracking (passtrough) on your real keyboard if you sit behind a desk

If we could use a keyboard, (shown in vr, but tracked the real hand movement on keys) that would be a killer feature for using the headset as a monitor

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable Seated Play for Rift S

On the original Rift, you could calibrate your height during setup. It allowed seated play by sitting down and adjusting your height as such so you'd be sitting and be for example 6'0 and be sitting down instead of crouching. I don't have the strongest legs and it's not comfortable for me to stand up, I'm sure people have the same issue and I've also met a few people who couldn't even move their legs and were either in a wheelchair or they just sat in bed/a chair all day exploring a new world when they couldn't with our own…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve Rift S Touch Controller tracking

Tracking of the Rift S Touch Controllers seems to fail despite the controller being in plain site. In the attached video, you'll see that the initial loss is caused by (intentional) occlusion; however, the previously occluded controller isn't picked back up again despite no longer being occluded. In order to be positional tracked by the cameras again, it must be moved significantly. Note: this seems to happen if two things occur:

1. Occlusion of one controller

2. Synchronized movement between occluded controller and visible controller

This causes issues with FPS games so far, specifically ones where a two-handed pistol grip is being…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Wireless adapter for Rift S

Would a wireless adapter for Rift S be a possibility?

I would be willing to even install a PCI e card for 60ghz wifi.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create a version of Rift S with hardware IPD slider, for those with IPD issues.

The rift S is clearly a product many are interested in, but for some of us the IPD limit is an issue.
    I am sure many of us with ipd issues would love a version of the rift s, that might be more expensive but would have IPD slider.
    Then the normal Rift S could be left as it is, and the more expensive with ipd slider for those that cannot use the normal rift s.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base